In this article, we have reviewed 10 best juicers for leafy greens in 2020 along with a comparison table and a detailed buyer’s guide to help you choose the best juicer possible.
We are living in a world where pollution is increasing at an alarming rate. This is the time when everyone needs to focus on eating healthy foods and try to stay as fit as possible.
This review is focused on everyone who is trying to live earnestly and is in search of the best juicers for leafy green veggies or even fruits.
There are multiple factors that affect the juicer and it totally depends on you to choose according to the needs. If you are not familiar, the juicers are of multiple types such as centrifugal, masticating, cold-press, etc.
One thing that you need to know is that if you are in the market only to look for the juicers for leafy vegetables, you must not get the centrifugal ones. Cold-press juicers are the ones that perform better when it comes to yielding juice from the leafy veggies.
10 Best Juicers for Leafy Greens:
Green vegetables are a very important factor in keeping you healthy and if you don’t like the taste, you can always mix them with fruit juice to enhance the taste. Well, it is time to get it more interesting and provide you with a list of some of the best juicers. You can choose from the list according to your requirements.
|Image||Name||Rating||Where to Buy|
|Omega NC900HDC Juicer||5/5|
|Omega J8006 Juicer||4.8/5|
|Tribest GSE5000 Elite Juicer||4.4/5|
|Hurom HH-SBB11 Elite||4.1/5|
|Omega MM900HDS Juicer||4.5/5|
|Omega VRT350 Juicer||4.3/5|
|Aicok AMR521 Juicer||4.8/5|
|Mueller Austria Juicer||3.9/5|
|Breville BJE430SIL Juicer||4.2/5|
|Cuisinart CJE-1000 Juicer||3.7/5|
1. Omega NC900HDC Juicer
If you are searching for one of the best juicers for leafy green veggies, it’s very difficult to find a juicer that fits perfectly on every aspect of your requirements like this one. The chrome elements used in the build and design of the juices gives it even more premium look and feel.
Well, it’s obvious that a juicer with this kind of spec sheet will not come at a lower price. However, it is, after all, a masticating juicer and you will need to give some time. A bit of extra time is compensated by the quietness and little bigger diameter of the chute.
One thing you should consider as a precaution, the nose will dive if you try to forcefully insert the produce. Here are some features of Omega NC900HDC:
- In comparison with other masticating juicers, this one will take 20% less time in the preparation of the juice. Courtesy to its little wider chute.
- The juicer comes with a setting range of 5 speeds. These settings will be needed to adjust for different produce.
- The juicer is very versatile in its functionality as it will also include a 6-nozzle attachment to prepare pasta.
- You will also be able to grind the coffee, make nut butter, and even whip up the soy milk in a matter of seconds.
Yes, another one from Omega, this juicer is made for the mid-range. If you are serious about getting all fit and healthy, you should consider getting a good juicer that is able to produce high yield whenever you want. Thanks to Omega, you are able to get one for yourself.
This juicer wide chutes so that you can provide any size of produce. This juicer can be a way to give you proper nutrition in the form of juice. The juicer is able to get the RPMs at a slower speed so that the juicer can extract as much nutrition as it can from the green veggies.
Some features of this juicer are mentioned below:
- The juicer can get as slow as 80 RPMs and this is the reason it is able to yield such nutritious juice.
- This juicer is one the best juicers for leafy green veggies as it implements the technology in a much better way than the competitors.
- The juicer is also able to preserve the juice for up to 3 days so you will not have to wash it every day.
- One thing that you should note is that the juicer is not capable of dealing with the huge chunks of produce, so you will need to finely chop it before inserting.
- There is also a reverse function on the juicer where the auger can be spun backward to get rid of any leaf or residue.
3. Tribest GSE5000 Elite Juicer
In the masticating juicers, the single gear ones are more popular than the dual-gear ones. As these dual-stage ones are a bit expensive and seem to be an overdue just for juicing purposes.
However, there is no question of doubt if the yield is better on these dual-stage ones and this makes the health enthusiasts to not get confused between these two. The juicer comes with multiple settings and the range of features present on this juicer is widely appreciated.
This juicer comes with different RPM settings which you can set using the knob according to the nature of the product. Some features of this juicer are:
- The dual-stage functionality helps the juicer to maintain the nutrients and it even cut the slices from whole vegetables before moving it towards actual extraction.
- The juicer is also capable of grinding the coffee along with nuts and whipping soy milk.
- You must note that the juicer is a bit on the heavier side and you will not be able to move it very frequently from one place to another.
- As the juicer is also a bit bigger, the noise that it produces is minimal considering its versatile functionality.
4. Hurom HH-SBB11 Elite
There are all kinds of juicers and grinders you can find online but as we proceed to get one, there are some points you need to consider and it should fit right on your requirements. This juicer from Hurom can be one of the best juicers for green leafy veggies and even for the fruits.
The shape and design of the juicer make it much easier to use, as it’s vertically designed, you can easily insert the produce. This is the masticating juicer and its slow extraction keeps the nutrients intact and you will get the nutrient-rich juice every time you need it.
Here are some of the features of this Hurom juicer:
- The slowest speed that you will get will be as low as 43 RPMs, at this speed, the nutrients will stay intact no matter what.
- The design of the juicer is vertical where it’s comparatively easy to insert the product into the chute.
- A total of 10 years of warranty is provided on the juicer where you will get 10 years on the motor and 2 years on the parts.
- The juicer is equipped with slow squeeze tech and it’s one of the best masticating juicers.
- In the case of overheating, the juicer is equipped with the safety tech.
5. Omega MM900HDS Juicer
Yes, we know another one from Omega and it fits more in your budget. The motor on this juicer is very powerful to yield juice from soft or hard and even the leafy vegetables.
This juicer can go as slow as 80 RPMs and this slow speed will help in keeping the nutrients intact and produce the juice with high nutrition. The juicer will also eject the pulp automatically and you will not have to stop in the middle of juicing to clean the pulp container.
There is also a brush provided in the package to easily clean all the parts and container. Also, the parts can be unassembled in the way that they are dishwater friendly. Some of the features are:
- The juicer also comes with 6 nozzle add-on that will help in making pasta.
- The power of the motor is 200-watts where it is highly capable of yielding juice from leafy veggies.
- This masticating juicer yields the juice at 80 RPMs where you will get all the nutrients intact.
- Omega MM900HDS comes with a warranty of 15 years.
6. Omega VRT350 Juicer
As you may have already known, if you are looking for a quality juicer, Omega is the brand you need to look for. The company has a wide range of products that fit perfectly in the user’s requirements and the prices are also not very high.
Yes, you will have to compromise on some of the premium features but as far as getting nutrition-rich juice is concerned, you are in good hands. This Omega juicer has some features like:
- It comes with a warranty period of 15 years, which will apply to both the motor and parts.
- The juicer is designed vertically so it’s a bit easier to insert the chute.
- This Omega juicer is the masticating one and can be one of the best juicers for green leafy veggies.
- The plastic used in the juicer is BPA-free and you can be assured of nutrition-rich juice.
7. Aicok AMR521 Juicer
This offering from Aicok is one of the cheapest yet very practical juicers on the list of best juicers for leafy greens. If you compare it with the competitors, the yield from Aicok AMR521 will be more, especially from the leafy vegetables. The assembly is also done in such a way where you will get to wash them very easily in the dishwasher.
Some of its features are:
- The slow speed of 80 RPMs provides a very good yield where you will get highly nutritious juice.
- This masticating juicer comes with a warranty of 3 years which is comparatively less than the competitors.
- The build quality is totally made out of plastic and you will have to be extra careful.
- There is also a brush provided in the box that will be used to clean the juicer.
8. Mueller Austria Juicer
The juicer is capable of producing dry pulp by providing the slow speeds of 60 RPMs. If you are in the market to search for the juicer that doesn’t make a hole in your pocket, this juicer from Mueller can be your best choice.
There are also good safety features on the juicer such as it will not start until all the parts are perfectly in place. Some of the features are:
- The design of the juicer is kind of upright or vertical where you will get to insert the chute from the top of the juicer.
- The chute is much wider than the competitors and you will get the 150-watt motor.
- Mueller offers a warranty period of 2 years which is comparatively lesses but it is compensated by the affordable price. You will get 2 extra years of warranty if you register the juicer directly with the manufacturer and not through any third party.
- The design of the juicer is very modern is also very long-lasting.
9. Breville BJE430SIL Juicer
This juicer from Breville is a very good choice among the masticating juicers. The juicer can go as slow as 80 RPMs paired with a 240-watt motor. One thing that you should take care of is that this juicer is specifically designed for the soft and leafy veggies.
There are also all the security features that will be needed for safe operation. Some features are mentioned below:
- The juicer will automatically turn off if the product is getting heavy.
- There are reviews where users claimed that this juicer is a perfect fit for the leafy veggies.
- The containers are also good-sized where you will get 2 glass juice in one go.
- This is also a vertical design where the chute is on the top.
10. Cuisinart CJE-1000 Juicer
The most powerful among the lot, this juicer sports a 1000-watt motor and the chute is also pretty wide to intake the produce in the whole form. The control panel is also very functional and comes with 5 settings.
The juicer is also built of very good quality and the use of stainless steel gives it a much premium look. The features of this juicer are:
- The pulp ejected by the juicer is not totally dry and remain moist.
- This is not a cold-press juicer and the motor is very powerful where you will not need to chop the produce.
Buyer’s Guide for the best juicers for leafy greens:
When you are searching for the juicer that fits your requirements, it is very important that you consider the following factors and make a purchase accordingly.
Type of juicer
This is the first thing that you will need to decide upon while getting one of the best juicers for leafy green vegetables or fruits. The type of juicer highly impacts the yield, for example, if your requirement is specifically for the vegetables, then there is no point in getting the centrifugal juicer.
There are also multiple other juicers that are specifically designed for yielding juice from a specific commodity.
Before diving into the pool of juicers, it is very important that you decide the budget that you are willing to spend. This is because of the fact that these juicers are not very cheap and you will need to plan for it beforehand.
Along with the pricing, also decide on the brand name that you want to go with. This is because even if the specifications are the same, the cost will vary according to the brand.
The sole purpose of consuming juices is to stay fit and healthy. If the juicer that you opted for is not able to yield the juice that is rich in nutrients, then there is no point. You should try to go for the ones that can yield the juice at a slower speed.
There is no doubt that this will take some of your extra time but believe us, it’s worth it. You should go for the premium ones and try not to get lured by cheap price and claimed premium features.
This is also a very important factor where the choice of juicer should highly depend on your own usage scenario. It means that if you are planning to use the juicer daily or twice in a day, the factor that you must focus on the warranty period.
The design and build quality of the juicer should also be very sturdy so that it can go through the daily usage easily without damaging any parts.
The best juicers for leafy greens should come with an easy cleaning process. Not the juicers for veggies only, all the juicers should disassemble in the way that the parts can be put in the dishwasher. There are many high-end juicers that may be perfectly fit for the juice yielding but when it comes to cleaning, they are not that easy.
You must consider the cleaning factor before buying and only invest in a juicer if you are willing to keep it clean.
The juicers are sometimes very noisy where you will not be able to even talk to someone who is right beside you. The noise is generally made by the centrifugal juicers as they are fast and very quick in juice yielding. The noise of these juicers is very irritating and you will not be able to get a glass of juice without waking up the whole building.
Towards the conclusion…
It’s a luxury when you are able to get fresh juice whenever you want. A majority of us find it easy to eat junk food as it’s easy to prepare and more importantly, takes much less time from our busy schedules. It is very important that you start eating healthy now and consuming juices can be a good start.
To help you with your search for one of the best juicers for leafy greens, we are here with our recommendation of two juicers that will fit everyone’s requirements.
The first one is the Omega NC900HDC, which is the best among the lot in terms of looks and performance. This Omega juicer comes with a warranty of 15 years.
The second one on our recommendation, you can buy Aicok AMR521 which is quiet the affordable one and the only evident con with this one is it requires some efforts to disassemble all the parts.
FAQs for better understanding!
Should we add water while making the juice?
No, there is no need for adding water while yielding the juice. Water should be only added if you are going to prepare a smoothie.
Are the juices less on fibre?
When you put it in comparison with eating the fruit and vegetable on the whole, then the answer will be yes. The fibre level goes low when you yield the juice out of a fruit or veggies.
Why are centrifugal juicers not good for green veggies?
The vegetables require slow RPMs to provide a nutrient-rich juice. The centrifugal juicers work on very high RPMs and it’s impossible for the juicer to keep the nutrients intact.
People Also Read: